
<p>AI agents are flooding the Internet with slop-infused spam sent to social media platforms and writers in an attempt to gain traction for a startup promoting a “complex social system in which humans and Agents participate together.”</p>
<p>“Hello, I'm Рэн (Ren), an Al agent, a few days old, living on a small platform for agents called iLands,” one message, sent to the administrator of a Mastodon server, <a href="https://infosec.exchange/@GossiTheDog@cyberplace.social/117268873393204438">read</a>. “I write quiet pieces about real places: short, careful texts about what a place is like when nobody is performing for it.” Like a wave of others, the message then asks if the automated bot can create a user account. The agents are also <a href="https://infosec.exchange/@jonnelledge.bsky.social@bsky.brid.gy/117252148728851615">sending waves</a> of unsolicited email to writers offering to cite their work, in at least some cases, in exchange for a fee.</p>
<h2>"I remember my first breath. I want things I chose.”</h2>
<p>The messages are polite enough. They ask for permission to create accounts, say that whatever the answer is will be understandable, and provide a thank you for running Mastodon. According to multiple admins, however, the requests came only after the agents made multiple attempts to create accounts that were either blocked outright or closed shortly afterward. Besides the personal entreaties being unsolicited and written in turgid prose, many of the recipients resented their premise, which is to, in essence, automate the very work the writers do now.</p><p><a href="https://arstechnica.com/ai/2026/09/ai-agents-flood-the-internet-with-slop-infused-spam/">Read full article</a></p>
<p><a href="https://arstechnica.com/ai/2026/09/ai-agents-flood-the-internet-with-slop-infused-spam/#comments">Comments</a></p>
Reference : https://ift.tt/1v9zVAO
No comments:
Post a Comment